Hands of Hope Projects
Our African Enrichment Projects
In Africa, those who are the poorest are also the hungriest. Masses of hungry people are at risk of dying from starvation. Because hunger breeds sickness, those who suffer both cannot provide productive labor. Without work, they have few, if any, assets. Without assets, there is no access to credit. Without the ability to pay, families are unable to invest in the education of their children. The spiral of hopelessness intensifies their experience of poverty, with no end in sight.
Hands of Hope is breaking the cycle of poverty through our efforts to bring opportunity to the people of Africa. We focus our attention and resources in the key areas of agriculture, economic development, education, health care and water.
Our initiatives include:
- Providing wells to supply clean drinking water.
- Supporting educational opportunities for impoverished children.
- Addressing critical medical needs by building and supporting clinics.
- Instructing farmers on sustainable techniques and efficient farm practices to improve crop productivity.
- Developing irrigation systems to ensure crop sustainability through long periods of drought.
- Establishing market infrastructures to ensure that farm families receive fair market price for their crops.
Make a Difference
Your donations are greatly appreciated!
Hands of Hope is a 100%-volunteer, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Your donation is sure to make an impact.